Sunday, January 11, 2009

Announcing new still life classes....

Happy to announce that I will be teaching an adult still life oil painting class at the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades in Tenafly, New Jersey. The classes, which will begin on April 20 through June 15 (No class on May 25), will be held on Monday evenings from 7:30PM to 10PM. 
If you have a passion for painting still life, come join us as we have fun exploring imaginative ways to paint everyday, non-living objects, including drapery, fruit, china, metals, etc.
Focusing on new interpretations of traditional artistic principles such as composition, object interplay, lighting and form, students will have an opportunity to experiment while working from life at their own pace. (all skill levels welcome). Short demonstrations, one-on-one coaching and critiques will be offered at each student's easel. 
For more information contact: Judy Belinfante, Adult Program Director, 201/569-7900 x463

3 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

How I wish I could take your classes! I think I could learn so much from you. Wonderful work.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Louise - almost Feb - can we peek at the new piece?

Louise B. Hafesh said...

Hi Bill, First, thanks for your encouraging e-mails. It's always great to get your comments.
Working now on two larger floral pieces. Both are a slow go, but I'm enjoying the process. If I get an opportunity to do progress shots of the bouquet, I'll post. The other painting, a single flower and beautiful, vintage crystal decanter, is nearing completion. Look for it on my blog in the next few weeks. All best, Louise.