Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just off the Easel....

"SATIN & GRACE" Oil on linen. 18 x 24.
My latest floral. Just off of the easel. Haven't really tackled satin before, but I had been itching to do a still life with these two beautiful Oriental table runners for a long time.  They have graced a small sideboard in our home for many years, and their rich, jewel colors called out to me.

I  placed an elegant sprig of white orchids center stage. They are a favorite of mine and add a delicate touch in juxtaposition to the heavy fabric backdrop. Rounding out the setup are a small Cloisonne egg and a small lacquered table. I thought the table enhanced the color of the floral centers; the egg accents the cobalt in the material.


2 comments:

martinealison said...

Un superbe travail dans le drapé. La lumière vient lécher juste ce qu'il faut la soierie de cette étoffe. Des couleurs magnifiques... Les reflets de vos magnifiques orchidées sont d'une grande délicatesse... Et la cerise sur le gâteau ! ce bel oeuf cloisonné... Une composition extraordinaire.
Gros bisous

Louise B. Hafesh said...

Martine,
I always look forward to your responses. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my posts and artwork.